Table Reading keyboard functions
JAWS/NVDA (Windows screen readers)
- Announces when you enter/exit a table
- Ctrl+Insert+T - List all tables on a page (JAWS only)
- T - jump to table (Shift-T)
- Reads <caption> - visible on screen
- Reads summary - invisible metadata
- Ctrl+ALT+arrowKeys - move between cells
- Ctrl+ALT+NumPad-5 - tell me about the cell (Where am I?) (JAWS only)
- Control+Option+Command+T - jump to a table (Shift+Control+Option+Command+T)
- Control+Option+arrowKeys - move between cells
- Change setting for keyboard to work
- System Preferences > keyboard > shortcuts > full keyboard access - select Radio Button "all controls"
- Safari > Safari preferences > Advanced Panel > Check "Press Tab highlight each item on a web page"
- Chrome > chrome://settings > scroll to bottom > Check "Pressing Tab on a webpage highlights links, as well as form fields."